Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Ultima semana en Costa Rica

This was my last week in Costa Rica! That is so strange to say out loud considering I have lived here for the past six months. Costa Rica has truly been a second home to me and I am going to miss it so much! Anyways...
So after the last day of classes/finals... I packed and got ready for Panama! We left at 9am to Panama which happened to be an 6 hour bus ride (in total), not too far! We headed to Bocas Del Toro. The "party life" there is wild and there are a lot of young college students that head there to relax for spring break. The hostel we stayed at for two nights was called Aqua Lounge. It was placed on top of the ocean and was held up by pillars. I could see the sea floor in between the cracks of   my bedroom.... pretty neat!




The day we arrived in Panama we decided to walk around the Island we were staying on. There wasn't much around. There was a local grocery store that was overpriced and other random hostels. There were also many huts that belonged to the locals. It was sad to see people living in poverty as we were on vacation. It made me grateful for my life. It also helped me realize why I want to go into the field of Public Health... in order to help those in need.
We ate dinner at aqua lounge and then headed to the Island across the water. We took a 30 minute boat ride to a local club called La Iguana Lounge! We danced the night away.. literally!

The next day we woke up around 8:30 to head to the beach to snorkel and hang out.  The first beach we went to was called caya coral. It is known for their snorkeling. We saw bone fish, jelly fish, and many other different types. I love snorkeling, but so far my favorite place to snorkel is definitely in Hawaii.




Next stop was Playa Estrella. We laid out in the sun and saw multiple starfish in the water!


The rest of the group ended up coming to Aqua Lounge that night and staying at the hostel. There was a giant party at Aqua Lounge that night, so we stayed and danced the night away... again!
Sunday morning we headed to our next stop, Puerto Viejo.
When we got to Puerto Viejo it was the evening so we ate dinner at our hostel, Rocking J's. It was the prettiest most well decorated hostel I have ever seen!
We stayed for two nights and slept in tents. Dani and I rented bikes and rode around town to check out the other beaches nearby. We decided to swim a little and relax in the sun. There weren't many activities in Puerto Viejo, but it was definitely a great place to relax and chill.













Next stop was back to my homestay! I got back around 4pm today. I just rested, hung out with the host family and packed!

It's starting to hit me.... I'm really going home, and this time for a while!




No comments:

Post a Comment